Top Menu

Readers' issues resolved

Bank charges

I have an Emirates NBD platinum credit card and have been a credit card customer since I came to the UAE four years ago.
I was touring India from August 12 to September 9, 2011, and my monthly credit card payment was due on August 31.
I normally clear everything long before the due date and do it online. Hence, I tried to clear my credit card dues online from India a couple of times on August 28.
Unfortunately, the payment web page would not open and when I returned from India on September 3, I immediately paid the entire amount online.
On September 5 when I was checking my account online I saw a late payment charge. I immediately wrote to the bank through the ME banking mail (Emirates Banking internal mail) and they understood my issue and reversed the Dh170 charge after two to three days.
However, on September 8 I found an amount of Dh363 debited to my account towards finance charges.
I wrote to them again and after a few exchange of mails, I received a mail from the bank stating that in order to process my request for this finance charge reversal, I had to give the bank authorisation for a 100 per cent auto debit facility on the due date.
Despite the fact that in this case I was not at fault and I had tried my best to clear the due, I gave them the authorisation for 100 per cent auto debit for my credit card.
It has been more than a few months now, but the Dh363 has not yet been credited back to my account.
Whenever I write to them, the relationship manager calls and says that it is under process.
Of late he has also stopped responding to my mails.
For a delay of two days, where I was not at fault, is it right for the bank to debit Dh363? I would like to seek Gulf News’ kind intervention in resolving this issue.

From Mr Sabyasachi Gupta
Dubai


The management of Emirates NBD responds:

With reference to the complaint, we are pleased to inform Gulf News that the concerned department contacted Mr Gupta and resolved his complaint.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank Gulf News and the customer for providing us with feedback and regret the inconvenience caused.
We thank Gulf News for its continuous support and valued efforts.

Mr Gupta responds:
Thank you for your help, Gulf News. I got the charges reversed to my account. This would have been impossible without your help.

Out of the blue
Thank you Gulf News for solving problems related to credit cards.
I too have a problem. Six years ago I got a credit card from Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB) and more than four years ago I cancelled it over the telephone through one of their representatives.
At that time, my card had Dh23 in plus, and after four years they started sending me text messages saying that I have to pay more than Dh6,000, which is due on such and such date. I have been calling them, but there has been no reply. Please advise me what to do as I have not had a card for more than four years and I have not made any transactions. How can they do this to me?

From Mr Mohammad Qamar Seddiqi
Sharjah


The management of ADCB responds:

Please be advised that our customers are important to us and to enable problem solving for them, we have devoted a Service Quality Unit that handles all customers’ issues and complaints. Our customers are free to contact us on the Toll Free number at 800 2030; or call collect +97126210090 from outside UAE; or they can visit our website (www.adcb.com) from where they will be able to log their complaints, commendation or suggestions.
Please advise readers/complainants to contact us through these available channels.
Please note that the issue has been investigated and resolved. The customer has been contacted and informed of our feedback and the case is now closed.

Mr Seddiqi responds:
I really appreciate Gulf News’ fast response over my issue, which was eventually solved.
I again would like to congratulate Gulf News for their great service towards customers.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment