Top Menu

Readers' issues raised

Loan deferment
I asked Union National Bank (UNB) for a loan deferment for January 2011. Since I had paid the bank on time for six consecutive months, I was eligible for a loan postponement of one month. The application was made through call centre assistance. The Salam branch in Abu Dhabi called me back, asking why I made the request and I told them there was an emergency back home that I needed to settle this month.

However, the bank refused to grant my request due to the inconsistency of the exact amount of my monthly salary coming in from the bank. I was then told to come back after three months and make a request and that is when they will allow for the postponement.
Out of dismay I called up UNB customer care to ask them to take a second look at my case. Unfortunately, it was declined again. As a customer I have the right to know the bank’s policy on this matter. It seems that the bank does not really care for their clients. They must take into consideration the reasons why the client is requesting such things due to unavoidable circumstances happening in one’s life.
From Mr Dexter Cuenca
Abu Dhabi

Editor’s note: The complaint was forwarded to Union National Bank for comments. However, despite repeated reminders, its management failed to respond.

Mr Cuenca updates:
I got a phone call from UNB’s Salam branch and they are postponing my loan payment for this month [January]. I would like to extend my sincerest thanks to you for helping people like me.

Delayed connection
I had applied for an e-Life 16mb double play package on January 27 since I was moving to the National Paints area in Sharjah. I had applied through etisalat’s service centre near University City, Sharjah. A technician visited the place within two days and installed the equipment. He even tested with his user name and password and the browser was fine. But when he put my user name it was rejected. He told me to contact the service centre and 101 help line.

That was the start of my nightmare. I visited the service centre numerous times and complained through 101, even to the supervisor, but all in vain. Every time I speak with them they say sorry for the delay and promise to escalate it with their IT department since they are not closing the service order. I am really surprised to see the worst service ever on such a big scale by a telecom operator. I hope my complaint reaches the right authorities who are responsible for etisalat’s quality of service and customer satisfaction.
From Mr Humayon Fur Seddiqi
Sharjah

The management of etisalat responds:
Kindly be informed that Mr Humayon Fur Seddiqi issue has been resolved.

Mr Seddiqi responds:
I really appreciate Gulf News for their help and support for resolving my problem at the same time thank them for providing a forum where everyone has the opportunity to express their issues and problems they face. The best part is that you feel that someone is really trying to help you professionally. Thank you Gulf News for your sincere efforts.

Unauthorised transactions

This is to quote my displeasure of timely action not being taken on my credit card dispute with First Gulf Bank on the issue of two unauthorised transactions of Dh500 each made to etisalat e-shop. I lodged my first complaint with the bank on August 22 over telephone, seeking details of the transactions and to take measures to avoid it in the future. On a continued pursuit of this, I had registered three more complaints, but to date no positive result has come.
From Mr Suresh Kumar Kamalakshan
Dubai

The management of First Gulf Bank responds:
After further investigation, we have requested the customer submit all the related documents of the case and write an official letter of the case to check it through our system and make sure of the deductions. We are still waiting for that from the customer but once this is done, the customer will be refunded.

Mr Kamalakshan responds:
Thank you for your action on my complaint

Waiting for refund

I had paid the amount of Dh50 into my du “Pay as you Go” account without realising that the SIM card had expired. When I contacted du for a refund they said they cannot pay it back, but that they would credit it to my new du number if I purchased one. I purchased another SIM card and have been chasing du for the past three months. They still have not credited the amount due to me and every time I call the customer service line I only get a new complaint [reference number] and a promise that somebody will call me.
From Mr Natarajan Radhakrishnan
Sharjah

The management of du responds:
We would like to confirm that following an investigation by the du team and collaboration with the customer, we have successfully resolved the issue.

Mr Radhakrishnan responds:
I am glad to inform you that du called me and the matter has been resolved.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment